Getting started with Kindle Books from your library
You can borrow Amazon Kindle Books from your library to read on Kindle devices or Kindle reading apps.
What you need:
- A Kindle device, Kindle Cloud Reader, or the Kindle reading app for your device
- An Amazon account
Use the following steps below to borrow Kindle Books and deliver them to your Kindle, Kindle reading app, or Kindle Cloud Reader.
- Open your library’s OverDrive website.
- Find the book you want and then go to the details page. The details page lists the formats available for that title, including Kindle Book (if available), and allows you to choose a lending period.
- Once you find an eBook that’s available as a Kindle Book, select Borrow. If prompted, sign in.
- Go to your Checkouts page (under My account). From there, select Choose a format, then Kindle Book. You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to complete checkout and send the eBook to your Kindle device or reading app. If you’re already signed into Amazon, continue to step 5. If you’re not signed into Amazon, skip to step 6.
- If you’re signed into Amazon, select a device or reading app from the “Deliver to:” drop-down menu, then select Get library book. The book will be sent to your Kindle device or reading app, and you’ll find it on your device or app’s home screen.
- If you’re not already signed into Amazon, select Get library book. You will be prompted to sign in.
- After signing in, a page will open where you can select the device or reading app where you’d like to send the book you borrowed, then select Continue.
Once a book is on your Kindle device or reading app, open it from your device or app’s home screen to begin reading. If you want to read the eBook on a different Kindle device or app, you can download it again during the lending period.